The 2015 Halloween Photo Hunt – a scavenger hunt for original digital images
Welcome to the 2015
Halloween Photo Hunt Home Page.
How would you like to play?
This year, there are two distinct hunts:
- A classic-style scavenger hunt, in which small teams are set loose for a discrete period of time, within a prescribed area. (Click HERE for guidelines.)
- An extended hunt, more like a photo challenge, in which all participants have a longer period (a weekend, a week, or the whole season) to capture photos wherever they can find (or stage) them. (See below.)
Beneath the galleries, which you’ll see in just a second if you keep scrolling, you’ll find the printable scavenger hunt lists.
Any original photo, taken in the six weeks before Halloween 2015,
inspired by any prompt, on any version of the hunt lists,
is eligible to be displayed in a personalized gallery, here at The Paranormalist.
There are some guidelines about what I will and will not publish here in the galleries.
Find those at the bottom of the page.
PHOTOS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
SCROLL PAST THE GALLERIES FOR PRINTABLE LISTS AND MORE INFORMATION
~ THE GALLERIES ~
Tip: to make loading smoother, press the pause button on each gallery,
then cycle at your leisure with the arrows.
By Renae Rude @ The Paranormalist (Me)
(season-long gallery ~ started Sept. 19th)
By Paul in Anoka MN
(season-long gallery ~ started Sept. 20th)
(season long gallery? – started October 1st)
By The Pooka
An extended family group contacted me and asked if they could use the hunt in a Facebook Secret Group. They wouldn’t have even had to ask, really, because my answer is “of course!” They were kind enough to invite me to the secret group so I could see how they were doing. It’s been awesome to see how much fun they are having with it. A couple of the group members have given me permission to bring their shots here. I don’t know if I’ll have time to grab them all, but here’s a selection I found there today.
By FB Family Group Member: Melissa
By FB Family Group Member: Sarah
For demonstration purposes, I’m also sharing a gallery that was submitted in 2014, of the results of a classic-style scavenger hunt.
(classic-style scavenger hunt gallery)
The Official Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt Lists:
To print a list, click the provided link, which will open a PDF viewer. Choose print from the menu that appears when you hover in the lower right corner of the window.
- Best for a classic-style scavenger hunt, in which small teams are set loose on foot, for a discrete period of time, within a prescribed area.
- A bigger, better, more challenging list, best for hunts that extend over days or weeks, and for those who want to be able to travel further, to obtain and/or stage photos.
NOTE: When you click the link above and choose print, you will receive a “pocket-mod”-style printout.The list prints on one piece of paper. After a few magical cuts and folds, you will have a small, portable booklet.
Here’s how to fold a pocket mod:
(Tip: For the neatest booklet, trim off the edges of the paper, along the solid gray lines, before trying to follow along with the video.)
Halloween Photo Hunt List (advanced, on 3 pages)
This version of the advanced list is for those who don’t want the nifty little booklet format, or who would prefer a version with larger print. It’s also the best way to preview all the items on the list before you print anything. The prompts are identical to those found on the pocketmod version.
INSTRUCTIONS & RULES
- Each participant / team may have a dedicated gallery on this page.
- Each gallery will be named “By ___________” according to your request. (Real name, assumed name, team name, etc.)
- Each gallery can also be labelled with a link to the main page of your blog or other social media site, by request.
- All photographs should be obtained & submitted between Sept 19th and November 1st, 2014.
- All photographs should be submitted to email@example.com.
- Please submit only still photos. No Vines or other videos will be accepted.
- You may email photographs from your personal account. I will not use the address for anything other than contacting you about your submissions.
- Please include your requested name and/or social media link with your first submission.
- Please let me know which prompt each photo you send is meant to satisfy. (e.g. “possible monster’s lair” or “apple”)
- You may submit appropriate seasonal pictures other than those on the prompt list. Note these submissions as “Bonus Shot: [title]”
- I’ll try to make sure new photographs are posted by the Saturday following the submission. (But they are likely to go up right away.)
- You agree that all submitted photos will be posted under the Creative Commons 0 license. (See below.)
- Don’t submit photographs that you, yourself, did not take.
- Don’t submit photographs of other people if they are recognizable.
- Don’t submit photos of yourself that others could use in a way that would harm you or your reputation.
- Don’t submit images that are gross, disgusting, or overtly sexual. (I will make this judgement call.)
- Feel free to put a watermark on your photograph if you hope to be recognized as its photographer in the event it becomes distributed on the web.
The photographs on this page are licensed under CC0 (Creative Commons Zero) That means the submitter holds no copyright at all to the photograph. To understand more about the CC0 license, click the icon below.
To the extent possible under law, Renae Rude has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work. This work is published from: United States.