I feel chatty today. ‘Seems I’ve spent so much time putting together themed posts, that a lot of general news has built up. It’s just as well, because I’ve decided to make a run at daily posting through October.
(Also, I’m leaning toward doing NaNoWriMo in November – which will probably mean I WON’T be blogging much next month. Frequent blogging now will balance things out.)
Or I’ll just explode. We’ll see how it goes.
- The winners have been drawn in my Halloween Give-Away. They have been notified and I’ll coordinate prize distribution this week. Thanks to everyone who entered. It was fun. I will definitely do it again.
- Buckle up – as long as I’m doing daily posting, I’ll be conducting an experiment this month. The plan is:
- Mondays – Macabre & Mysterious Music (short post)
- Tuesdays – Random (longer post – probably more personal / conversational)
- Wednesdays – Random (longer post – probably weird news, paranormal, adventures, etc.)
- Thursdays – Halloween Countdown posts (similar to those that have come already)
- Fridays – The Friday Night Picture Show (equivalent to Wordless Wednesdays and the like)
- Saturdays – Best ‘O Blogs (reblogs and/or round-ups of my favorites of YOUR posts of the preceding week)
- Sundays – Body Preservation stuff (recipes, fitness, lifestyle, etc.)
Some of these posts are already written / scheduled.
- Shout-out to new blog subscriber, Vanessa: When someone subscribes to The Paranormalist, I usually return the favor. I tracked your subscription backwards and found you on pinterest. I fell in love with your sensibilities so I followed ALL the boards 🙂 Do you have a blog too?
- Greetings to any new readers who have arrived thanks to NaBloPoMo. I only do this once a year, and I’ve found it’s a great way to make new blog-friends. Please leave a comment if you plan to stick around for the month, so i can add your blog to my reader. You’ll find some info about me and the blog on the backstory tab. I’m not likely to make use of many NaBloPoMo prompts, but there will be MUCH Halloweeny goodness here in the next 31 days.
THE HAUNTING OF JULIA:
- I’m thinking of live-tweeting while watching The Haunting of Julia this weekend. (It’s been repeatedly recommended as a 13 best ghost movies candidate, and it’s streaming on Netflix right now.) Maybe on Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon? Does anyone want to make a date for a movie-tweeting party? I’m open to various times. ‘Never done such a thing, but it sounds fun.
GOOD NEWS ABOUT MY KIDS & DOG:
Because of my usual themes and topics, I rarely write about my kids here. September was a good month for my babies, though, so I’ll take this opportunity to share an update.
Basic info about my family for those that don’t know or don’t remember:
- Pooka – Daughter 27. Nerd, artist, cancer survivor, lives with rheumatoid arthritis, started an Etsy business this year, lives 1,300 miles away from me
- The Boy – Son 17. Nerd, academic, black belt, homeschooled from 4th grade, now, simultaneously a hig school senior and a college sophomore
- The Dog – 3. Canine Good Citizen grad, 70+ pounds, big adorable lunk-head
- The Cat – 13+. Specializes in hunting moths, creeping me out by staring at blank walls, and fatting (15+ pounds) thinks he’s a dog
- (The Ogre – Husband. Gorgeous, brilliant, charming – in an ogre-y sort of way. I don’t have any news about him this month; ‘just didn’t want to leave him out.)
- The Boy is wearing a Phi Theta Kappa bracelet. That means he made Honor Society.
- The Dog accompanied us to The Minnesota Renaissance Festival and I was able to check off a bucket list item. (#37 take my well-trained dog to the ren-fest) He was BETTER than well-trained; he was PERFECT!
- Pooka’s new business did very well in September. It turns out that theater companies like to give out cast mementos 🙂 So far, she’s had orders for productions of both Harvey and Rocky Horror PIcture Show. (The Time Warp) I foresee more theatrical sets becoming available in the future. That’s 12 sets of her Harvey Collection, above. (60 buttons) She pressed, packed and shipped them in less than 3 days. But first she sent me this picture:
Have I mentioned that she’s going to be home for Halloween??