The Paranormalist’s WriMoProg Page
This is where you can check up on my writerly progress.
Feel free to offer praise, encouragement or a good scolding – as appropriate.
WriMoProg Challenge Goals:
[I will enter next month's goals here when the time comes, ABOVE the most recent writing period. That will make it easy for folks to check in on me.]
April, 2013 – GOAL: 60 (novels) + 30 (blog and other social media) = 90 (hours) – this month includes a run at Camp NaNoWriMo.
04/01 — 0 + 2.5 = 2.5/90
03/31 — I’ve spent the 31st of March tweaking little things at the blog that have been bothering me. I’m about to embark on an intense quest to finish the Lizzy novel, and get a good start on editing it. The plan is to dedicate 60 hours to the fiction writing. I plan to limit my other writing to about 30 hours, mostly while I’m working at the hotel. That will preserve as much at-home time as possible for meeting my camp goal.
2013 General, Ongoing Goals:
Write & edit novels:
- write last 28 sections (quick, intense, culminating sections) THEN, between editing steps, revise and refine ending
- editing #1 – the close-in writing (edit yesterday’s work, lightly, before moving on to today’s work)
- editing #2 – the close-in edit (PC edit from start to finish, thinking of flow, pace, plot holes, etc. – emphasis on cutting & tightening)
- editing #3 – the distance or hand edit (by me AND by volunteer readers – scribble all over printed manuscripts)
- editing #4 – the consolidation edit (take into account all useful hand edits and type up a single clean copy)
- editing #5 – the oral edit (read the damn thing aloud and catch typos, awkward phrasing, etc.)
The Hypnotist Clown
Maintain my social media sites:
Blog: (2-4 weekly posts) Posts of 300 – 1000 words on the topics of being bipolar, writing horror and studying the paranormal. Also maintain Writer’s Monthly Progress Challenge linky page. Cultivate influencers. Find potential readers who are interested in horror, dark pleasures and the paranormal.
Short-form blogs: (1-2 daily posts) Quick snippets about paranormal / creepy events, short reviews, brief referrals and connections, evocative images, and links to blog posts.
- Facebook – The Paranormalist
- Facebook – The Renae Rude (mirror)
- Tumblr – The Paranormalist (mirror)
Micro-blog: (1 – 10 daily updates, mostly via twitter and google+ AND / OR photos and links to pinterest, instagram, cheezburger, etc.)
- Google+ (mirror)
- Pinterest – Renae Rude (develop into a significant platform plank)
- Paranormal LOLs