The Paranormalist’s WriMoProg Page
This is where you can check up on my writerly progress.
Feel free to offer praise, encouragement or a good scolding – as appropriate.
WriMoProg Challenge Goals:
9/9/2013: 0 + 80 = 80/240
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: 120 (novels) + 120 (blog and other social media) = 240 (hours)
SETTING THE GOAL-
August = 30 days. 8 hours a day.
- See ‘setting the goal” above.
- Close all subplots, feed clues in appropriately, look for character consistency, etc.
- working on editing #1 AND #2 – from below. (Depending on how many drafts a section has been through.)
- By October 14th – THIS PUPPY HAS TO GO TO READERS IN PRINTED MANUSCRIPT FORM. (Adjusted forward from last month’s goal.)
GET READY FOR BUSIEST SEASON -
5th: 8 weeks – Etsy
12th: 7 weeks -
19th: 6 weeks -
26th: 5 weeks -
2013 General, Ongoing Goals:
The formula: X + Y = Z / total-hours goal
when X = writing/editing time, Y = other writerly tasks.
Write & edit novels:
- write last 28 sections (quick, intense, culminating sections) THEN, between editing steps, revise and refine ending
- editing #1 – the close-in writing (edit yesterday’s work, lightly, before moving on to today’s work)
- editing #2 – the close-in edit (PC edit from start to finish, thinking of flow, pace, plot holes, etc. – emphasis on cutting & tightening)
- editing #3 – the distance or hand edit (by me AND by volunteer readers – scribble all over printed manuscripts)
- editing #4 – the consolidation edit (take into account all useful hand edits and type up a single clean copy)
- editing #5 – the oral edit (read the damn thing aloud and catch typos, awkward phrasing, etc.)
The Hypnotist Clown
Maintain my social media sites:
Blog: (2-4 weekly posts) Posts of 300 – 1000 words on the topics of being bipolar, writing horror and studying the paranormal. Also maintain Writer’s Monthly Progress Challenge linky page. Cultivate influencers. Find potential readers who are interested in horror, dark pleasures and the paranormal.
Short-form blogs: (1-2 daily posts) Quick snippets about paranormal / creepy events, short reviews, brief referrals and connections, evocative images, and links to blog posts.
- Facebook – The Paranormalist
- Facebook – The Renae Rude (mirror)
- Tumblr – The Paranormalist (mirror)
Micro-blog: (1 – 10 daily updates, mostly via twitter and google+ AND / OR photos and links to pinterest, instagram, cheezburger, etc.)
- Google+ (mirror)
- Pinterest – Renae Rude (develop into a significant platform plank)
- Paranormal LOLs
- Blew it. Lots of untracked hours flailing away at the blog – some aborted attempts to get back into the novel
ORIGINAL GOAL: 90 (novels) + 55 (blog and other social media) = 145 (hours)
ACHIEVED: 153 (novels) + 89 (blog and other social media) = 242 (hours)
244 / 31 days = 8h EVERY day in July.
(But there were both marathons and slack-off days, they just happened to balance out.)
June, 2013 :
ORIGINAL GOAL: 68 (novels) + 30 (blog and other social media) = 98 (hours)
ACHIEVED: 60 (novels) + 58 (blog and other social media) = 118 (hours)
For anyone who wants to see the details of my past performance in the challenge – visit http://theparanormalist.wordpress.com/wrimoprog-accomplishment-archive-page/