The Paranormalist’s WriMoProg Page
This is where you can check up on my writerly progress.
Feel free to offer praise, encouragement or a good scolding – as appropriate.
WriMoProg Challenge Goals:
2014.03.08: 2 + 12 = 14/80
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: 40 (novels) + 40 (blog and other social media) = 80 (hours)
SETTING THE GOAL FOR MARCH:
I haven’t been writing as much as I want to lately. I know I’m capable of much more than that, and even much more than the goal of 80 total hours for the month, but I want to start being serious about tracking again and a manageable goal seems like a wise choice.
- Hands on for 2 hours a day, on week days. I can make up for lost time on weekends if necessary. More would be better, of course.
- Quick draft missing sections of Legacy Falls by the end of March. (So I can let it rest while I do Camp NaNoWriMo in April.)
- 3-5 posts per week
- finish up Resolutions Review posts
2014 General, Ongoing Goals:
The formula: X + Y = Z / total-hours goal
when X = writing/editing time, Y = other writerly tasks.
Write & edit novels:
- write last 28 sections (quick, intense, culminating sections) THEN, between editing steps, revise and refine ending
- editing #1 – the close-in writing (edit yesterday’s work, lightly, before moving on to today’s work)
- editing #2 – the close-in edit (PC edit from start to finish, thinking of flow, pace, plot holes, etc. – emphasis on cutting & tightening)
- editing #3 – the distance or hand edit (by me AND by volunteer readers – scribble all over printed manuscripts)
- editing #4 – the consolidation edit (take into account all useful hand edits and type up a single clean copy)
- editing #5 – the oral edit (read the damn thing aloud and catch typos, awkward phrasing, etc.)
The Hypnotist Clown
Bugaboo Road (inspired by my dad)
Maintain my social media sites:
Blog: (2-3 weekly ORIGINAL CONTENT posts) (Posts of 300 – 1000 words on the topics of being bipolar, writing horror and studying the paranormal.) Post regular features most weeks. (#NetNet, Body Preservation, FNPS, M&M Media.) Also maintain Writer’s Monthly Progress Challenge linky page. Cultivate influencers. Find potential readers who are interested in horror, dark pleasures and the paranormal.
- The Paranormalist Portal (mirror)
Short-form blogs: (1-2 daily posts) Quick snippets about paranormal / creepy events, short reviews, brief referrals and connections, evocative images, and links to blog posts.
- Facebook – The Paranormalist
- Facebook – The Renae Rude (mirror)
- Tumblr – The Paranormalist (mirror)
Micro-blog: (1 – 10 daily updates, mostly via twitter and google+ AND / OR photos and links to pinterest, instagram, cheezburger, etc.)
- Google+ (mirror)
- Pinterest – Renae Rude (develop into a significant platform plank)
- Paranormal LOLs